* Portable PNG exporter
@ 2008-09-20 17:37 Janne Hellsten
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Janne Hellsten @ 2008-09-20 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi list,

While working on a graphics related problem, I needed to save the
contents of a Graphics framebuffer to a .png file.  Quick googling for
"ocaml png" didn't bring up any results for libraries that would be
easy to install via GODI.  I am aware of CamlImages but unfortunately
I have never been successful at installing it due its heavy dependence
on external libraries.  I also often work on Windows and installing
external OCaml libraries on Windows is usually a major PITA (if
possible at all).

I decided to write a simple self-contained .png exporter that wouldn't
depend on any external libraries (not even libpng or zlib).  I thought
someone else might benefit from this piece of code and I thus made it
freely available here:

http://code.google.com/p/aihiot/source/browse/trunk/gfx/save_bitmap/ocaml/png.ml

Janne