* ocamldebug for windows
@ 2000-10-28 13:50 Mattias Waldau
From: Mattias Waldau @ 2000-10-28 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml-List

Why doesn't it work on Windows? Is it dependant on the use of the windows
compiler tools?

Would it be possible if we use Cygwin tools? For example, Mercury uses them
with good results.

----
Mattias Waldau

* Re: ocamldebug for windows
@ 2000-10-31 20:39 ` Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 2000-10-31 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mattias Waldau, Caml-List

> Why doesn't it work on Windows? Is it dependant on the use of the windows
> compiler tools?

Well, the replay debugger for Caml relies on the Unix system call
fork(), which Windows doesn't implement natively.

> Would it be possible if we use Cygwin tools?

Yes, because Cygwin provides an emulation of fork().  Actually, the
working version of the OCaml sources include a Cygwin port where the
debugger works (apparently).  If you feel like beta-testing, you can
get it from http://camlcvs.inria.fr/.  The next release of OCaml will
include Cygwin binaries.

- Xavier Leroy

* Re: ocamldebug for windows
@ 2000-11-03 10:12   ` Christophe Raffalli
From: Christophe Raffalli @ 2000-11-03 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

> get it from http://camlcvs.inria.fr/.  The next release of OCaml will
> include Cygwin binaries.

Very Good news

--
Christophe Raffalli
Université de Savoie

tél: (33) 4 79 75 81 03
fax: (33) 4 79 75 87 42
mail: Christophe.Raffalli@univ-savoie.fr
www: http://www.lama.univ-savoie.fr/~RAFFALLI

* Re: ocamldebug for windows
@ 2000-11-02 21:25 Hao-yang Wang
From: Hao-yang Wang @ 2000-11-02 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml-List

>Well, the replay debugger for Caml relies on the Unix system call
>fork(), which Windows doesn't implement natively.

Is it possible to port the debugger to Windows without the replay
feature? (Is it worthwhile?)

Thanks,
Hao-yang Wang