* Dynamic loading. Again.
@ 2000-11-26  0:09 Vitaly Lugovsky
From: Vitaly Lugovsky @ 2000-11-26  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

 I think there is a reason to implement dynamic loading of native compiled
code for Ocaml (e.g. PIC code generation for some platforms),
as well as dynamycally linked runtime code (I just managed to link
bytecode runtime dynamically, so, it's not so impossible). It's just a
way to kill Java. I'm using JSP->Oracle BC4J->Oracle for now, and I hate
it. Ocaml in this kind of tasks will be much better, but to implement
JSP-like engine we need dynamic loading. Ocaml is pretty fast in native
code, so it will be a greate argument against Java for application
servers. And, sure, it's a way for ocaml to Enterprise. Let's beat'em all.
"Real world" must be turned to use real technologies.

 For now, I'm trying to implement engine using bytecode only, just to
proove a concept.

--

   V.S.Lugovsky aka Mauhuur (http://ontil.ihep.su/~vsl) (UIN=45482254)

* Re: Dynamic loading. Again.
@ 2000-11-28 11:14 Ken Wakita
From: Ken Wakita @ 2000-11-28 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vsl; +Cc: caml-list

Partial functions are implemented by auxiliary functions (such as
caml_curry_n_m) produces in an auxiliary C file.  Extensive calls to
them in PIC scheme may incur some performance degradation.  Under UNIX
you could use the -dstartup option to let the ocamlopt compiler leave
the auxiliary C file under the temporary directory (in my
configuration /tmp).

Ken