* OCaml <--> ODBC/SQL Server
@ 2001-02-05  8:51 Vincent Leleu
From: Vincent Leleu @ 2001-02-05  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

*** Version Française à la fin ***

Hello,

I'd like to use OCaml as a CGI scripting language that process forms AND
especially query a SQL Server DB (7.0 or 2000).
I came across a library to easily manage the CGI forms & query strings in
OCaml. This is no probs.

What I cannot find around is a way to easily interrogate and interface in
OCaml with an ODBC data source OR a direct way to send/receive queries
from/to the DB.

If anyone has any idea or even a little clue on where to go, any comment is
welcome.

Thanks a lot

*******

Bonjour,

J'aimerais utiliser OCaml comme language acteur de script CGI qui traiterait
les 'forms' ET surtout interrogerait une base de donnee SQL Server 7.0 ou
2000.
J'ai pu trouver une bibliotheque afin de gerer facilement les forms CGI et
ligne de parametres URL. Pas de probleme avec ca.

Ce que je ne trouve pas est une solution pour facilement interroger et
communiquer d'OCaml avec une source de donnees ODBC OU directement une facon
d'envoyer/recevoir les requetes/donnees vers/de la base de donnees.

Si vous avez la plus petite idee ou piste a me communiquer, tout commentaire
sera le bien venu.

Merci enormement

Vincent Leleu
---
AB Productions
105-A Devonshire Sq.
Jackson, TN 38305
US
---

* Re: OCaml <--> ODBC/SQL Server
@ 2001-02-05 17:16 ` Luc MAZARDO
From: Luc MAZARDO @ 2001-02-05 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincent Leleu; +Cc: caml-list

There is an OCaml ODBC bindings (http://maxence.guesdon.free.fr/tools_en.html)
but I don't use this one because I don't know where i can found :
odbc_types.h and odbc_funcs.h.

--
luc@mazardo.com
http://OCamlSDL.sourceforge.net

* Re: OCaml <--> ODBC/SQL Server
@ 2001-02-05 18:37   ` Maxence
From: Maxence @ 2001-02-05 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luc MAZARDO, caml list

Luc MAZARDO a écrit :

> There is an OCaml ODBC bindings (http://maxence.guesdon.free.fr/tools_en.html)
> but I don't use this one because I don't know where i can found :
> odbc_types.h and odbc_funcs.h.
These two files can be found with iODBC or myODBC, but they don't seem
very 'standard'.
For example, they don't come with Postgresql ODBC (I just tried
yesterday). Btw, I
just made some cleaning in the code, and fixed an allocation pb.
Next mission : kick out odbc_types.h and odbc_funcs.h from OCamlODBC
files and use
only isql.h, iodbc.h, and isqlext.h, then make some changes in the
Makefile
(add postgresql options in comments). I'll post a message when a new
version
is available.

Maxence Guesdon

* Re: OCaml <--> ODBC/SQL Server
@ 2001-02-05 19:11   ` Matthieu Villeneuve
From: Matthieu Villeneuve @ 2001-02-05 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luc MAZARDO; +Cc: caml-list

Luc MAZARDO wrote:

> There is an OCaml ODBC bindings (http://maxence.guesdon.free.fr/tools_en.html)
> but I don't use this one because I don't know where i can found :
> odbc_types.h and odbc_funcs.h.

Altavista gave a location for those files:
http://www.infoboard.com/packagedoc/mysql/include/

(I really don't know if that helps... :)

--Matthieu

* Re: OCaml <--> ODBC/SQL Server
@ 2001-02-05 18:44 David McClain
From: David McClain @ 2001-02-05 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincent Leleu, caml-list

If you are using Windows OS then I can provide sources for a simple
interface to ADO via COM/OLE from OCaml. I use this to access MS Access
databases.

- DM