* R: Consortium Caml
@ 2001-02-05 22:55 Alex Baretta
From: Alex Baretta @ 2001-02-05 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Please excuse the inconsistent quoting scheme (MS's fault, not mine!).
I am an Ocaml enthusiast and wish to support the consortium.
Notwithstanding this, I could hardly imagine spending 2kE of my
_personal_ money on Ocaml. As I do not work for a software company
(yet) I have no sponsor which I might convince to join the consortium.
I would like to support the Consortium with a relatively small sum:
the equivalent of the price of the licence for a commercial
development environment such as MS-VisualBasic (deprecated ;-). Why
not allow individuals to join for about 50E per annum. No one says
such individuals should have as much weight as the 2kE members, but
yet they would contribute to the funding of project and to the
diffusion of the language.

Do consider this proposal.

Yours,

Alex