* [Caml-list] OCaml distribution for BeOS
@ 2001-03-04 14:35  Sébastien Pierre
                   ` (2 more replies)
From:  Sébastien Pierre  @ 2001-03-04 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi!

I'm trying to compile OCaml 3.0 under BeOS 5 and am facing a big
problem with the unix module (required by a lot of 3rd party modules).
The otherlib/unix/select.c sourcefile uses some FD_xxxx macros (like
FD_SETSIZE, etc..) that aren't declared in any BeOS header.

I may have a corrupted /root/develop/header installation, but I was
just wondering (searching in the ml archives didn't gave me a clue) if
someone has managed to compile the unix module for this platform.

Thanks!

Seb.

* Re: [Caml-list] OCaml distribution for BeOS
@ 2001-03-05 10:08 ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2001-03-05 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Pierre; +Cc: caml-list

Hi,

The last time I looked at BeOS (a few years ago, I think, it was the
beta release of v4), they did not have a unix select operator (sockets
and file descriptors lived in different domains, and could not be
mixed together in a select). I don't know if this has changed for v5
(it was supposed to, but I did not look). So if you get to compile the
unix library, you'd better be careful to use select only with sockets.

For more info about the select call in the beos library, you can look
at
http://www-classic.be.com/documentation/be_book/The%20Network%20Kit/Sockets.html#Network%20Sockets

The FD_SETSIZE of unix is set to 1024 in linux includes, but the beos
documentation I pointed to seems to limit this to 32 sockets ...

Since it seems to be the only macros used by select.c that is not
provided by beos, you can try to add a #define for it.

Alan Schmitt

@ 2001-03-05 10:09 ` Georges Mariano
From: Georges Mariano @ 2001-03-05 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Pierre; +Cc: caml-list

http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs/fixed?id=158;page=9;user=guest

I faced this bug a long time ago and it seems to me that it was fixed...

...because it was quickly corrected by Xavier
http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs/fixed?id=158;page=9;user=guest

May be, check out a new Ocaml release (from CVS ??)

Cheers
--
# Georges MARIANO                 tel: (33) 03 20 43 84 06
# INRETS, 20 rue Elisee Reclus    fax: (33) 03 20 43 83 59

* Re: [Caml-list] OCaml distribution for BeOS
@ 2001-03-06 13:24 ` Sylvain Kerjean
From: Sylvain Kerjean @ 2001-03-06 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Pierre; +Cc: caml-list

Sébastien Pierre wrote:
 but I was
> just wondering (searching in the ml archives didn't gave me a clue) if
> someone has managed to compile the unix module for this platform.

As promised :
http://webgi.fil.univ-lille1.fr/html/savoir_faire/dess_tiir/projets_9900/greg/index.html