* [Fwd: Re: [Caml-list] BeOS Thread or Systhread libs]
@ 2001-03-29 13:28 Sylvain Kerjean
From: Sylvain Kerjean @ 2001-03-29 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Xavier Leroy wrote:

> One reason is that the bytecode-level scheduler is rather
> Unix-specific, in particular it assumes that select() works on all
> kinds of file descriptors, not just sockets, and I think this is one
> point where BeOS departs from Unix.
>
> If anyone wants to attempt a BeOS port of the system threads library,
> I can answer questions about this, but I lack time and motivation to
> do it myself.
>
> - Xavier Leroy

I already posted this link, but it is the moment to do it again...
(adaptation of the threads of ocaml on beos).
My own port of the be api under beos is on the good way for those
interested ...
I am able to link ocaml programs with a libbeos.cma file in order to
open windows and attach BMenuBar ...
BUT the programs already crash at termination ....
I like to work all the nights :)

http://webgi.fil.univ-lille1.fr/html/savoir_faire/dess_tiir/projets_9900/greg/index.html

(Sorry for the double message, Mr Leroy, i made a mistake with this
damned mouse :(  )
--
Sylvain Kerjean
IRISA-INRIA, Campus de Beaulieu, 35042 Rennes cedex, France

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-04-01 20:44 UTC | newest]