* [Caml-list] Database?
@ 2001-04-24 18:23 Johann Spies
From: Johann Spies @ 2001-04-24 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I am fairly new to ocaml - have looked at it a few months ago and now
I want to write a program for a researcher.  The program will analyse
a lot of data.  I will be developing the program on Linux and most of
the users will be Windows users.

On Linux, I would use postgresql as the database backend but
postgresql would not run on all the windows systems.  What are the
alternatives when using ocaml to write this program with?

Johann
--
J.H. Spies - Tel. 082 782 0336.  Posbus 4668, Tygervallei 7536
     "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly

* Re: [Caml-list] Database?
@ 2001-04-24 19:31 ` Maxence Guesdon
From: Maxence Guesdon @ 2001-04-24 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johann Spies; +Cc: caml-list

Johann Spies a écrit :

> I am fairly new to ocaml - have looked at it a few months ago and now
> I want to write a program for a researcher.  The program will analyse
> a lot of data.  I will be developing the program on Linux and most of
> the users will be Windows users.
>
> On Linux, I would use postgresql as the database backend but
> postgresql would not run on all the windows systems.  What are the
> alternatives when using ocaml to write this program with?

You could use MySQL on Windows, and access your database through the MySQL ODBC
driver (with MyODBC).
See http://www.mysql.com for MySQL
and (for example) http://maxence.guesdon.free.fr for the OCamlODBC library.

I never tried MySQL nor OCamlODBC on Windows so let me know if you manage to use
it. I may help you if you encounter some problems.

--
Maxence Guesdon