* Re: [Caml-list] Making camlidl
@ 2001-07-13 22:25 kyle.pierce
From: kyle.pierce @ 2001-07-13 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander V. Voinov; +Cc: caml-list

Hi Alexander,

> Do you develop direct bindings of wxWindows to OCaml, or develop the
application layer you need directly in VC++ and call it from OCaml?

If I had some experience with developing direct bindings the way they did with
WxPython (for example), I might attempt to do something similar with OCaml.  I
am not very happy with Tcl/Tk and I couldn't even get that working with OCaml
anyway.

I have a more modest solution, however: to write the whole front end in VC++
using wxWindows, and call my OCaml code from that front end.  I am not
especially interested in handling GUI events from OCaml anyway.  But if it were
not too hard to create something like a wxOCaml, I would use it for sure.  Of
course, one hurdle would be to get the interface to C/C++ working, which is
what camlidl seems to be good for.

Kyle

* wxOCaml. Re: [Caml-list] Making camlidl
@ 2001-07-13 22:51 ` Alexander V. Voinov
From: Alexander V. Voinov @ 2001-07-13 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kyle.pierce; +Cc: caml-list

Hi Kyle,

kyle.pierce@pcisys.net wrote:

> If I had some experience with developing direct bindings the way they did with
> WxPython (for example), I might attempt to do something similar with OCaml.  I
> am not very happy with Tcl/Tk and I couldn't even get that working with OCaml
> anyway.
>
> I have a more modest solution, however: to write the whole front end in VC++
> using wxWindows, and call my OCaml code from that front end.  I am not
> especially interested in handling GUI events from OCaml anyway.  But if it were
> not too hard to create something like a wxOCaml, I would use it for sure.

Ok, at least the word is pronounced. Indeed, wxPython is the most advanced set of
third language bindings to wxWindows, and may be used at least as a reference.

Alexander