* [Caml-list] camlidl - finalizing cows without COM!
@ 2002-04-17  3:42 Jakob Lichtenberg
From: Jakob Lichtenberg @ 2002-04-17  3:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

I have just started hacking in camlidl and for now had a really pleasant
experience.

However I really can't find out how to create a finalized object without
going into COM interfaces.

Say my underlying C library for manipulating ..... hmmm.. cows  has a
function that creates and references a new cow, and a function that is used
to de-reference the cows when they no longer are live:

typedef int cow;
cow createAndReferenceCow(void);
void freeCow(cow);

Now, when the OCaml structures for some reason decide to garbage collect my
cow the finalized object should call freeCow......  I have done this a bunch
of times without the idl interface, but have no clue how to specify this in
an idl file.  Help!!!

And I would really *love* not to bring COM interfaces into this...

Thanks,

- Jakob Lichtenberg