* Re: [Caml-list] Multiple mailing list posts
       [not found] <E18Agd9-0008Sr-00@qrnik.zagroda>
@ 2002-11-10 15:26 ` Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk
From: Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk @ 2002-11-10 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 07:00:49PM -0600, Eric Mangold wrote:

> Another slightly annoying thing this would solve, is the fact that
> majordomo doesn't add a reply-to field.  IMHO, reply-to should always be
> the list address.

  __("<      Marcin Kowalczyk
  \__/     qrczak@knm.org.pl
   ^^    http://qrnik.knm.org.pl/~qrczak/
@ 2002-11-10 22:39   ` Eric Mangold
From: Eric Mangold @ 2002-11-10 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: caml-list

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk wrote:

>On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 07:00:49PM -0600, Eric Mangold wrote:
>

>>Another slightly annoying thing this would solve, is the fact that
>>majordomo doesn't add a reply-to field.  IMHO, reply-to should always be
>>the list address.
>>

>http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

And of course, http://www.metasystema.org/essays/reply-to-useful.mhtml

To be entirely clear, the apparent multiple postings bug was the main
focus of my original post -
reply-to munging would be nice imho, but I'm not _that_ concerned about it.

From: Eric Mangold @ 2002-11-10  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Anyone else getting annoyed by the double, triple, quadruple etc posts?

I'm assuming this is a bug in majordomo, and I recommend switching to
mailman, http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/

Another slightly annoying thing this would solve, is the fact that
majordomo doesn't add a reply-to field.  IMHO, reply-to should always be
the list
address.  Currently, I have to mess with where Mozilla wants to reply
to, so that it goes to the list, and in other cases, so it doesn't To:
_and_ CC: the original poster.

Any other ideas?

-Eric