* [Caml-list] Installation problems with Cygwin
@ 2003-01-24  7:28 jeremiah_moss
       [not found] ` <3E3152FD.5893.15649C3@localhost>
From: jeremiah_moss @ 2003-01-24  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Here's the error when I attempt a "make world".  I'm using the latest version
of Cygwin.

$ make world
cd byterun; make all
/c: Can't open /c: No such file or directory
make: *** [coldstart] Error 2

-New user

* Re: [Caml-list] Installation problems with Cygwin
@ 2003-01-24 18:49 ` Karl Zilles
       [not found] ` <3E3152FD.5893.15649C3@localhost>
From: Karl Zilles @ 2003-01-24 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jeremiah_moss; +Cc: caml-list

jeremiah_moss@cobraa1.com wrote:
> Here's the error when I attempt a "make world".  I'm using the latest version
> of Cygwin.
>
> $ make world
> cd byterun; make all
> /c: Can't open /c: No such file or directory
> make: *** [coldstart] Error 2
>
> -New user

Hi Jeremiah,

I have compiled the ocaml-3.06 code under the latest version of cygwin
on both windows 2000 and windows XP.

I just untared it, ran "./configure", "make world", "make opt", "make
install".

Perhaps you could post "m.h" "s.h" and "Makefile" from the "config"
directory (generated when you ran ./configure before the make).  It
looks to me as if the make file might be thinking you want a "native"
windows compile instead of a "cygwin" windows compile.

Karl

--
1969
Karl Zilles | Technical Architect, Principal

@ 2003-01-24 22:13   ` Karl Zilles
From: Karl Zilles @ 2003-01-24 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jeremiah_moss, caml-list

jeremiah_moss@cobraa1.com wrote:
> On 24 Jan 2003 at 10:49, Karl Zilles wrote:
>>Perhaps you could post "m.h" "s.h" and "Makefile" from the "config"
>
> The files are attached to this message.  It does appear that it's trying to
> access my c: for some odd reason.
>
> FYI, I am running Windows XP.  NTFS partition, but that shouldn't matter.

I diffed them with the ones generated on my machine, and they are identical.

> cd byterun; make all
> /c: Can't open /c: No such file or directory
> make: *** [coldstart] Error 2

Oooh, I think I found it.. check out this google groups post:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=cygwin+recursive+MAKE&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&selm=7vqcku%24i4p%241%40nnrp1.deja.com&rnum=2

Not sure why it's defaulting to a dos MAKE_MODE... or maybe you have
another "make" in your path?

Karl

* Re: [Caml-list] Installation problems with Cygwin
@ 2003-01-24 22:30     ` Karl Zilles
From: Karl Zilles @ 2003-01-24 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Zilles; +Cc: jeremiah_moss, caml-list

Karl Zilles wrote:
> Oooh, I think I found it.. check out this google groups post:
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=cygwin+recursive+MAKE&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&selm=7vqcku%24i4p%241%40nnrp1.deja.com&rnum=2
>

> Not sure why it's defaulting to a dos MAKE_MODE... or maybe you have
> another "make" in your path?

Ok, it looks like you need to explicitly have this in your environment.

export MAKE_MODE=unix

It is included by default in /etc/profile, /etc/csh.login, and
/etc/zprofile.

Perhaps you are using yet another shell, or you've edited these files.

Karl

* Re: [Caml-list] Installation problems with Cygwin
@ 2003-01-25  2:11       ` jeremiah_moss
From: jeremiah_moss @ 2003-01-25  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On 24 Jan 2003 at 14:30, Karl Zilles wrote:

> Karl Zilles wrote:
> > Oooh, I think I found it.. check out this google groups post:
> >
> > http://groups.google.com/groups?q=cygwin+recursive+MAKE&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&selm=7vqcku%24i4p%241%40nnrp1.deja.com&rnum=2
> >

> > Not sure why it's defaulting to a dos MAKE_MODE... or maybe you have
> > another "make" in your path?
>
> Ok, it looks like you need to explicitly have this in your environment.
>
> export MAKE_MODE=unix
>
> It is included by default in /etc/profile, /etc/csh.login, and
> /etc/zprofile.
>
> Perhaps you are using yet another shell, or you've edited these files.

I tried - here's the results:

jmoss@JMOSS ~
$ cd /src/ocaml-3.06/

jmoss@JMOSS /src/ocaml-3.06