* [Caml-list] OUnit usage
@ 2003-02-21  4:00 mgushee
From: mgushee @ 2003-02-21  4:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello, all--

This probably qualifies as a dumb question, but I hope you will indulge my curiosity.

I would like to try OUnit. I haven't done much formal unit testing, and am also fairly
new to OCaml, but since I want to develop a serious software package I guess it's
time to get serious about testing. Anyway, I am having a little trouble understanding
how to construct a test. The main point of confusion is the TestCase constructor.
The OUnit docs say:

  type test =
  | TestCase of (unit -> unit)
  | TestList of test list
  | TestLabel of string * test

I would like to know what sort of arguments to give TestCase. The examples
provided don't mean much to me:

  TestCase (fun _ -> ())

This looks like syntactically correct but meaningless code, no?

If I could see 1 or 2 simple but realistic examples, I think that would clear up the
mystery.

All suggestions appreciated.

--
Matt Gushee