From: "Daniel M. Albro" <albro@humnet.ucla.edu>
To: caml-list <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Native compiler support for m68k?
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:32:41 -0700	[thread overview]

	It is doable, though.  Look at LispMe (http://www.lispme.de), a
Scheme interpreter for PalmOS.  The author got around the memory
problems by finding a way to use databases as the memory space of the
interpreter.  Also, the newer ARM-based Palm devices should have fewer
limitations.  Moreover, since the LispMe source is available, most
likely any GUI code you wanted could be lifted from that.  I'm not
volunteering, of course, but I think it would be doable (I've looked at
the problem in connection with thinking about writing a Prolog
interpreter for PalmOS).

							- Dan Albro