* [Caml-list] Are there Haskell type families in camp
@ 2020-07-18 16:55 Helmut Brandl
From: Helmut Brandl @ 2020-07-18 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml users

Hi List,

I was studying the possibilities of GADTs to emulate dependently typed language features. I basically found that Ocaml and Haskell have rather similar possibilities to define types indexed by types (i.e. GADTs).

The singleton types are rather equivalent as well. I.e. I can have a runtime representation of a type to make runtime decisions.

However I have found no equivalent of Haskell’s type families in Ocaml. My question: Is there a way to use singleton types to do type computation in Ocaml?

Thanks for any hint.

— Helmut