* [Caml-list] Wierd???  Doesn't compile under emacs edit
@ 2003-11-22  0:53 chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2003-11-22  0:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone here have trouble compiling files edited in emacs?  I put
this in a file, but it gives

File "nehe_two.ml", line 3, characters 2-15:
Unbound value GLClear.color

let init_gL =
   GlDraw.shade_model `smooth;
   GLClear.color (0.0, 0.0, 0.0);
   GLClear.depth 1.0                          ;
   GLClear.clear [`color;  `depth]            ;
   GL.enable `depth_test                      ;
   GLFunc.depth_func `lequal                  ;
   GLMisc.hint `perspective_correction `nicest

The trouble is, if I cut and paste bits from the example files with
liblglut it works fine.

Previously I got the same error with line 2 (gldraw.shade_model ...) so
  I copied that line from one of the examples.  It worked ok.

Do these things only happen to me?

compiled it with...

lablglut nehe_two.ml

Running debian sid with tuareg 1.40.5 and gnu emacs 21.3.1

I tried opening it, editing, saving and then closing it in kedit...

:(

Chris

* Re: [Caml-list] Wierd???  Doesn't compile under emacs edit
@ 2003-11-22  8:19 ` art yerkes
From: art yerkes @ 2003-11-22  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 00:53:46 +0000
"chris.danx" <chris.danx@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone here have trouble compiling files edited in emacs?  I put
> this in a file, but it gives
>
> File "nehe_two.ml", line 3, characters 2-15:
> Unbound value GLClear.color
>

> let init_gL =
>    GlDraw.shade_model `smooth;
>    GLClear.color (0.0, 0.0, 0.0);

Perhaps you mean 'GlClear.color (0.0, 0.0, 0.0) ;'
Capitalization matters in O'Caml.  Identifiers and modules must have
the same capitalization as their definitions, so GLClear and GlClear
don't mean the same thing.

Emacs will create whatever file you type in, including the wrong one.

--
"Should array indices start at 0 or 1? My compromise of 0.5 was rejected
 without, I thought, proper consideration."

* Re: [Caml-list] Wierd???  Doesn't compile under emacs edit
@ 2003-11-22 13:59   ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2003-11-22 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: art yerkes; +Cc: caml-list

art yerkes wrote:

> Perhaps you mean 'GlClear.color (0.0, 0.0, 0.0) ;'
> Capitalization matters in O'Caml.  Identifiers and modules must have
> the same capitalization as their definitions, so GLClear and GlClear
> don't mean the same thing.

Oh! I was under the impression capitalization didn't matter.  <slaps
himself>

Thanks!