From: olczyk@interaccess.com (Thaddeus L. Olczyk)
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Is Caml a fraud ( especially on Windows )?
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:42:19 +0000 (GMT)	[thread overview]

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 12:25:31 +0200, Remi VANICAT
<vanicat@labri.u-bordeaux.fr> wrote:

>olczyk@interaccess.com (Thaddeus L. Olczyk) writes:

Redundancies with another reply answered in replies to other reply.
( Confused yet?)

>> The third incident was trying to get cameleon to compile on Windows.
>> At the time I tried this, several other people were asking about
>> cameleon problems, so one of the creators did something incredibly
>> stupid. He created a seperate mailing list for cameleon problems.
>> It was incredibly stupid because the two major problems I had were:
>> 1) A camlp4 problem, and 2) the path of cl.exe. These were two
>> problems where the problem was with caml in general, and it would
>> help to have the input of the people on the mailing list. I suspect
>> many cameleon problems are like that.
>
>if you had look better to the camleon doc, you would have seen that it
>said to work with the cygwin port of ocaml. Cl.exe is not use by the
>cygwin port of ocaml (cygwin use gcc), so You have a problem
>here... (may be you could make it work with the native ocaml port, but
>it is not advertised).

I looked at the FAQ on the web page.
There it clearly says that it runs on anything that runs lablgtk. Is
there some reason why lablgtk does not work from the native port?