From: Chris Hecker <checker@d6.com>
To: David Fox <dsfox@cogsci.ucsd.edu>, caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Foreign function interface generator with examples
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 01:52:32 -0700	[thread overview]

I'm interested, so please keep posting.  I downloaded it but haven't taken a close look yet.  I plan on doing the "dynamic" part of the FFI stuff relatively soon (dynalink to arbitrary functions with arbitrary parms and return types, or relatively arbitrary), and there's also the dlopen library that does some of this too.

It would be great if it was trivial to get the base ocaml installation to work with arbitrary FFIs out of the box.  It sounds like the CDK would be a good place for this (or even the core libraries if we get all of these things portable, rock solid, and general).

Chris