* [Caml-list] Newsgroup?
@ 2002-07-13 14:37 Alessandro Baretta
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Alessandro Baretta @ 2002-07-13 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ocaml

I have come to think that a newsgroup would be a whole lot
better than a mailing list. Oftentimes, when I reply to
messages sent to the list, I would expect my reply to be
automatically addressed to the list. On the other hand,
Mozilla automatically addresses the message to the personal
address of the author of the message to which I am replying.
Hence, I often end up replying privately when I actually
desire to reply publicly. Using a newsgroup would solve this
problem: all replies would automatically be addressed to the
newsgroup itself.

Another possible means of addressing the issue would be to
configure the mailing list server to fill in the "From:"
field with the address of the list as opposed to the address
of the actual sender of the message.

Could anything be done by INRIA in this respect?

Alex