* QuickCheck for OCaml?
@ 2005-06-10  0:42 Christopher Campbell
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Christopher Campbell @ 2005-06-10  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

Are there any QuickCheck like tools for OCaml?  Searched on google, but
nothing came up.  There are unit testing libraries like OUnit, but I
haven't came across anything like QuickCheck yet.

Regards,
Chris Campbell

* Re: [Caml-list] QuickCheck for OCaml?
@ 2005-06-10  9:18 ` Fermin Reig
From: Fermin Reig @ 2005-06-10  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: Christopher Campbell

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 01:42, Christopher Campbell wrote:

> Are there any QuickCheck like tools for OCaml?  Searched on google, but
> nothing came up.  There are unit testing libraries like OUnit, but I
> haven't came across anything like QuickCheck yet.

There's QuickCheck for SML:

http://contrapunctus.net/dist/qcheck/

And even for Erlang

http://www.cs.chalmers.se/~rjmh/ErlangQC/

These would be a good starting point for a port to OCaml.

Fermin

* Re: [Caml-list] QuickCheck for OCaml?
@ 2005-06-10 11:49 ` padiolea
From: padiolea @ 2005-06-10 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Campbell; +Cc: caml-list

> Hi,
>
> Are there any QuickCheck like tools for OCaml?  Searched on google, but
> nothing came up.  There are unit testing libraries like OUnit, but I
> haven't came across anything like QuickCheck yet.

I use this:
 lfs.irisa.fr/~pad/hacks/quickcheck.ml

All you have to do is include this library and then put in your code
rules such as

let _ = assert
 ((Quickcheck.laws "rev" (fun xs -> reverse (reverse xs) = xs)
   (Quickcheck.lg Quickcheck.ig)) = None)

the lg and ig functions are generators (list and integer generators).

By the way it also include a unit framework, but
it is just
  let testunitframework b = assert b   :)
that you use by writing for instance

let _ = testunitframework (List.map (fun x -> x +1) [1;2;3;4] = [2;3;4;5])

@ 2005-06-11 14:36 ` Christian Lindig
From: Christian Lindig @ 2005-06-11 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Campbell; +Cc: caml-list

Am 10.06.2005 um 02:42 schrieb Christopher Campbell:
> Are there any QuickCheck like tools for OCaml?

There is some code derived from QuickCheck in my Quest tool which you
could use as a starting point. Quest generates C code for testing C
compilers and uses QuickCheck-like combinators to control the
statistical distribution of the code generated.

	http://www.st.cs.uni-sb.de/~lindig/src/quest/index.html
-- Christian