* [Caml-list] ANN: LocalCaml 0.2.0
@ 2004-05-18 23:51 Benjamin Geer
From: Benjamin Geer @ 2004-05-18 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: hump

Since no one complained about LocalCaml, the i18n message catalog
library I tentatively announced a few days ago, I've released version
0.2.0; I've cleaned it up a bit, added a few features and given it a web
site:

http://saucecode.org/localcaml/

Future releases will be announced on the OCaml-i18n list:

Ben

* Re: [Caml-list] ANN: LocalCaml 0.2.0
@ 2004-05-19  6:19 ` skaller
From: skaller @ 2004-05-19  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Geer; +Cc: caml-list, hump

On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 09:51, Benjamin Geer wrote:

> http://saucecode.org/localcaml/

Looks nice. I would actually like to i18nize Felix
compiler diagnostic messages... I'm not sure if
your system would be suitable or not.. but the license
would be a problem if your support components
can't be totally isolated: Felix is FFAU (BSD/MIT style).

voice: 061-2-9660-0850,
snail: PO BOX 401 Glebe NSW 2037 Australia

* Re: [Caml-list] ANN: LocalCaml 0.2.0
@ 2004-05-19 21:39   ` Benjamin Geer
From: Benjamin Geer @ 2004-05-19 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: skaller; +Cc: caml-list

skaller wrote:
>>http://saucecode.org/localcaml/
> Looks nice. I would actually like to i18nize Felix
> compiler diagnostic messages... I'm not sure if
> your system would be suitable or not.. but the license
> would be a problem if your support components
> can't be totally isolated: Felix is FFAU (BSD/MIT style).

I don't think there's any way, short of abandoning copyleft, that I
could make it possible for you to use LocalCaml or CamlTemplate in a
BSD/MIT-licensed program.  Since my main reason for doing this is to
promote the development of copylefted software, I'm afraid I can't help
you.  (The LocalCaml FAQ explains why.)

Ben