Brandon J. Van Every wrote: >I hope this makes it through. I'm having inordinate difficulty getting >anything posted lately. > >Eray Ozkural wrote: > > >>What if we would like to generate bindings for a huge moving >>target like Qt or KDE libraries? >> >> > >I was just tossed this link: >"C Mania: KDE 3 Offers C Bindings" >http://dot.kde.org/1003877941/ >Somehow, C++ was automatically wrapped with C and mostly worked. >Creating a C layer seems to be half the problem, so I've been asking on >comp.lang.c++.moderated about automated C wrappers. > > > Unfortunately, those bindings are over three years old, and despite the claim of being generated automatically, are continually becoming stale and rarely work. There are now tools called "Kalyptus"and "Smoke" in the kdebindings module of the kde.org CVS server, which is used to generate several language bindings, none of which is C, but one of which is Smoke. In the smoke directory it looks like there are now conversions for both Qt and KDE. So maybe the pieces are all there now. -- This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender and delete the message. Thank you.