* Stream standard library
@ 2000-02-21 11:21 Coscoy, Yann
From: Coscoy, Yann @ 2000-02-21 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'caml-list@inria.fr'

  I have the impression that it would be useful to have some other
constructors in standard module Stream. I feel quite limited with "from :
('int -> 'a option) -> 'a t".

  I suggest to had the functions:

val map_list : ('a -> 'b list) -> 'a t -> 'b t

val from_list : (int -> 'a list option) -> 'a t

  Other possibilities are:

val mapi_list : (int -> 'a -> 'b list) -> 'a t -> 'b t
  (with stream counter)

val map : ('a -> 'b) -> 'a t -> 'b t
val mapi : (int -> 'a -> 'b) -> 'a t -> 'b t
  (these functions are to restricted in my opinion)

val from_list : (int -> 'a list) -> 'a t
  (an empty list specifies end of stream)

  It would be interesting if other ocaml users give their opinion on the
topics. Are these functions suitable in a standard library? What would
be the best function names and function types?

  Best regards,

    Yann Coscoy

Yann Coscoy
Informatique CDC - Direction des Techniques Avancées
4, rue Berthollet
94110 Arcueil
Tél. : 01 40 49 15 28
Fax. : 01 40 49 15 78
e-mail : Yann.Coscoy@icdc.caissedesdepots.fr

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-02-21 17:16 UTC | newest]