* [Caml-list] Linear constraints
@ 2004-06-16 15:41 Claudio Trento
From: Claudio Trento @ 2004-06-16 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,
I would know if there is a way to create a linear constraint like "2x + 3y
> 6" in Ocaml. I've try to define new type but don't like me so much...

Thanks,
Claudio

* Re: [Caml-list] Linear constraints
@ 2004-06-16 16:27 ` Boulet Pierre
From: Boulet Pierre @ 2004-06-16 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Claudio Trento; +Cc: caml-list

Claudio,

you have to redefine such a type. I have done so in the SPPoC package that
provides an API for parameterized linear optimization and symbolic polyhedron
manipulation. You may want to have a look at it. It is downloadable on
<http://www.lifl.fr/west/sppoc/>.

Regards,

Pierre.

--
Pierre Boulet

<http://www.lifl.fr/~boulet/>

[-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature, Size: 4065 bytes --]

* [Caml-list] Using Ocaml keywords as structure members.
@ 2004-06-16 17:10   ` Shishir Ramam
From: Shishir Ramam @ 2004-06-16 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,
I am interesting in converting a data-structure from
C to Ocaml using CamlIdl. I am running into some
trouble because one of the structure members is
named "end".

# type a_test = {
   start: int;
   end:   int;
}
  ;;
Characters 34-37:
     end:   int;
     ^^^
Syntax error

Apart from renaming the structure member in
C (3rd party, lotsa work!), is there anything else
that I can do?

thanks in advance for all help.
-shishir

* Re: [Caml-list] Using Ocaml keywords as structure members.
@ 2004-06-17 20:00     ` Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 2004-06-17 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shishir Ramam; +Cc: caml-list

> I am interesting in converting a data-structure from
> C to Ocaml using CamlIdl. I am running into some
> trouble because one of the structure members is
> named "end".
> Apart from renaming the structure member in
> C (3rd party, lotsa work!), is there anything else
> that I can do?

Yes: use the "mlname" attribute.  In the IDL file:

struct a_test {
  int start;
  [mlname(end_)] int end;
};

> A common C coding convention is to use
> struct definitions of the form -
>
> <test.idl> ---------
>
> typedef struct a {
>   int x;
>   int y;
> } a;
>
> </test.idl> --------
> Using CamlIdl, this results in a conversion to [incorrect Caml code]

I'd suggest to change the IDL file (and only the IDL file) to either

   typedef struct {
     int x;
     int y;
   } a;
   // use "a" instead of "struct a" everywhere else

or

   struct a {
     int x;
     int y;
   };
   // use "struct a" instead of "a" everywhere else

Note that I'm not suggesting you do this change in the .c and .h
sources for the original C code.  IDL descriptions can (and often need
to) omit some aspects of the C interface they describe.

- Xavier Leroy