* efficient binary relations?
@ 2006-03-31 11:56 Christian Lindig
From: Christian Lindig @ 2006-03-31 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List

I am looking for an efficient representation of binary relations in
OCaml. I have used bitvectors in the past but would like to use a more
high-level and less imperative data structure.

The most important operation is the following. For a binary relation R
over \X x \Y compute for a set X the set X' = { y | (x,y) in  R for all
x in X}. In other words, X' is the set of y that are common to all x in
X. Likewise, Y' must be computed. This operation requires to compute
the intersection of sets and was the main reason I chose bitvectors. If
you know about a suitable data structure I would glad to hear about it.

-- Christian

--
http://www.st.cs.uni-sb.de/~lindig/