* [Caml-list] Unix and Cgi
@ 2001-11-12  6:32 Willem Duminy
From: Willem Duminy @ 2001-11-12  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi Guys,

I am experimenting with ocaml and cgi on Linux/Apache.  A handy thing to
have is the ability to execute a shell command and use the result of it
in your cgi program.
So I used open_process_in from the Unix lib to execute the exeternal
command.  This all works well when run from the console - but when I run
the same program from cgi - the channel_in contains no information.  I
thought it may have to do with the fact that the execution runs in a
spearate thread - maybe cgi does not allow this.
If you have experienced the same problem or have any ideas/hints, please
help.
Regards
Willem