From: "chris.danx" <chris.danx@ntlworld.com>
To: snh1@cec.wustl.edu
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Ocaml-Lua interface
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 00:33:44 +0100	[thread overview]

snh1@cec.wustl.edu wrote:
> Well, I wanted to use Lua from Ocaml, so I wrote an interface to do so.
> It's somewhat incomplete and probably slightly buggy at the moment, and
> the error-handling isn't great, but it works.  Comments and advice are
> welcome; this is my first attempt to do anything big/serious with Ocaml's
> FFI.  I've only tried this on Linux, but it should work fine under MinGW
> or Cygwin.
>
> You can get it at: http://cec.wustl.edu/~snh1/olua-0.1.tar.gz

Cool.  I will look at this in more detail soon.  I had a look through
the test files and readme.  Looks good!  Bindings are a pita, I did a
Lua binding to Ada 95.  Even though the C FFI in Ada is much nicer, it's
still a task to get it done.  Was putting off the Lua binding to OCaml
due to that experience!  Kudos to you!

Would you consider releasing it under the same conditions as Lua 5.x?
It's no big deal, just wondered.

Chris