* looking for benchmark suite
@ 2004-12-13  1:55 SooHyoung Oh
From: SooHyoung Oh @ 2004-12-13  1:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I'v been looking for benchmark suite for Ocaml.

What I want is not to compare Ocaml with languages,
but to compare Ocaml performance in various environments;
for example,
- Pentium3 vs.Pentium4
- Linux vs. MS windows
- 32bit system vs. 64bit system

Until now, I found the following benchmarks for functional programming
languages:
- Pseudoknot benchmark:
http://www-fp.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~kh/papers/pseudoknot/pseudoknot.html
- NoFib benchmark suite for haskell:
http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/fp/software/ghc/nofib.html

(0) Do you think these suites are appropriate for my purpose?
(1) Does anyone have the ocaml version of these suites or any starting
point?
(2) And please let me know any other resources for benchmark of
functional programming languages.

Thanks in advance.

* Re: [Caml-list] looking for benchmark suite
@ 2004-12-13  2:20 ` Jon Harrop
From: Jon Harrop @ 2004-12-13  2:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Monday 13 December 2004 01:55, SooHyoung Oh wrote:
> - 32bit system vs. 64bit system

I am particularly interested in this as well, although I know of no such
benchmark results.

Cheers,
Jon.