* Tuareg customisation - doc comments
@ 2004-12-19 21:37 chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2004-12-19 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is it possible to customise Tuareg to provide the same indentation
behaviour as normal comments?  For normal comments, tabbing indents to
the first * and then placing a * on the line will cause the next line to
be indented and contain *, but for doc comments it indents differently.

I'd like them to behave the same for convienance.  i.e. it's a minor
annoyance, not a major one.

(**
  *
  *
  *)

and

(*
  *
  *
  *)

Cheers,
Chris

* Re: [Caml-list] Tuareg customisation - doc comments
@ 2004-12-19 22:59 ` Kurt Welgehausen
From: Kurt Welgehausen @ 2004-12-19 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

> (**
>   *
>   *
>   *)

I think you'll find that this breaks ocamldoc, i.e., you'll
get '*' embedded in the module description at the top of the
main html file.

Regards

* Re: [Caml-list] Tuareg customisation - doc comments
@ 2004-12-19 23:38   ` Karl Zilles
From: Karl Zilles @ 2004-12-19 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kurt Welgehausen; +Cc: caml-list

Kurt Welgehausen wrote:
>>(**
>>  *
>>  *
>>  *)
>

> I think you'll find that this breaks ocamldoc, i.e., you'll
> get '*' embedded in the module description at the top of the
> main html file.

I think if you use the -stars option of ocamldoc, it will work correctly.

* Re: [Caml-list] Tuareg customisation - doc comments
@ 2004-12-24 19:15     ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2004-12-24 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Karl Zilles wrote:
> Kurt Welgehausen wrote:
>
>>> (**
>>>  *
>>>  *
>>>  *)
>>

>> I think you'll find that this breaks ocamldoc, i.e., you'll
>> get '*' embedded in the module description at the top of the
>> main html file.
>

> I think if you use the -stars option of ocamldoc, it will work correctly.

Yes indeed.  Does anyone know how to configure comments so they're the
same... is this customisable?  I scanned through the lisp but am no lisp
expert so if it's not customisable I'll live.

* Re: [Caml-list] Tuareg customisation - doc comments
@ 2004-12-29 16:49       ` Albert Cohen
From: Albert Cohen @ 2004-12-29 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chris.danx; +Cc: caml-list

On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 at 07:15:52PM +0000, chris.danx wrote:

> > I think if you use the -stars option of ocamldoc, it will work correctly.
>
> Yes indeed.  Does anyone know how to configure comments so they're the
> same... is this customisable?  I scanned through the lisp but am no lisp
> expert so if it's not customisable I'll live.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was not aware of the -stars option of
ocamldoc.

Tuareg 1.44.0 is online with a new option to customize indentation of
documentation comments: `tuareg-leading-star-in-doc'.

                                                            Albert Cohen

--
Albert Cohen                            http://www-rocq.inria.fr/~acohen

* Re: [Caml-list] Tuareg customisation - doc comments
@ 2004-12-29 23:24         ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2004-12-29 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Albert Cohen; +Cc: caml-list

Albert Cohen wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion. I was not aware of the -stars option of
> ocamldoc.
>
> Tuareg 1.44.0 is online with a new option to customize indentation of
> documentation comments: `tuareg-leading-star-in-doc'.

Wow!  Thanks so much for that!