* MacOS port and file formats
@ 2004-12-30 15:36 mff
From: mff @ 2004-12-30 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Greetings,

I have a question regarding the ./configure options for MacOS/Darwin.

./configure selects the -bundle option for MKSHAREDLIB, which
has the effect of creating MacOS bundle type files for the dynamically
linked libraries in lib/ocaml/stublibs.  I have had trouble linking
these bundle files with the standard dynamically linked libraries
created with the -dynamiclib option.    As an experiment, I replaced
-bundle by -dynamiclib and attempted to rebuild the O'Caml compiler,
but got an error deep in compilation of the compiler.  Ultimately,
I just made the otherlibs/* libraries by hand with -dynamiclib and was able
to link my application.

I will admit that I am overwhelmed by the Darwin documentation
that explains how to port a Linux application to MacOS.
Can someone explain why the -bundle option is necessary to the compiler
compilation?
Is it because the O'Caml compiler a full-fledged Mac application?

Thanks, Mary

* MacOS port and file formats
@ 2004-12-31  2:02 Mary Fernandez
From: Mary Fernandez @ 2004-12-31  2:02 UTC (permalink / raw)