* Linking with ocamlopt fails.
@ 2005-02-20 19:33 Julian
From: Julian @ 2005-02-20 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

I'm using the binary distribution of OCaml based on MinGW.
I noticed that when I try to link more than 11 files together with
ocamlopt, it fails :

ocamlopt  -o helloworld.exe -I +sdl -I +lablGL lablgl.cmxa sdl.cmxa
sdlttf.cmxa bigarray.cmxa sdlloader.cmxa sdlmixer.cmxa global.cmx
events.cmx scene.cmx camera.cmx tex.cmx interface.cmx
gcc: @C:/Temp\camlrespee624e: Invalid argument
Error during linking

Is there any reason ?

* Re: [Caml-list] Linking with ocamlopt fails.
@ 2005-02-21 12:16 ` Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 2005-02-21 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julian; +Cc: caml-list

> I'm using the binary distribution of OCaml based on MinGW.
> I noticed that when I try to link more than 11 files together with
> ocamlopt, it fails :
> ocamlopt  -o helloworld.exe -I +sdl -I +lablGL lablgl.cmxa sdl.cmxa
> sdlttf.cmxa bigarray.cmxa sdlloader.cmxa sdlmixer.cmxa global.cmx
> events.cmx scene.cmx camera.cmx tex.cmx interface.cmx
> gcc: @C:/Temp\camlrespee624e: Invalid argument
> Error during linking
> Is there any reason ?

Yes, you are probably using the standalone distribution of MinGW
and/or the companion MSYS tools.  These have no support for long
command lines via @responsefiles.

To avoid this problem, use the version of MinGW that is part of the
Cygwin distribution.  This is briefly mentioned in the README.win32
file in the OCaml distribution.

- Xavier Leroy