* Regarding the 3.08.3 source tarballs...
@ 2005-03-23 23:33 Robert Roessler
From: Robert Roessler @ 2005-03-23 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml-list

I noticed that the [BZIP2] source tarball was slightly smaller than
that for 3.08.2... how often does software get smaller? :)

So I looked over the two trees, and immediately saw that there are
almost 400 *more* files in the newer source tree... but that almost
all of them come from the CVS directories being present in the 3.08.3
source.

Is this intentional?  I note that the "Root" files do not appear to
contain the correct data for external anonymous access...

Robert Roessler
roessler@rftp.com
http://www.rftp.com

* Re: [Caml-list] Regarding the 3.08.3 source tarballs...
@ 2005-03-24 10:51 ` Damien Doligez
From: Damien Doligez @ 2005-03-24 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml-list

On Mar 24, 2005, at 00:33, Robert Roessler wrote:

> I noticed that the [BZIP2] source tarball was slightly smaller than
> that for 3.08.2... how often does software get smaller? :)
>
> So I looked over the two trees, and immediately saw that there are
> almost 400 *more* files in the newer source tree... but that almost
> all of them come from the CVS directories being present in the 3.08.3
> source.

My mistake.  I used the wrong cvs command when preparing the release
files.
I have uploaded a corrected version.  Removing the spurious files makes
the
gzipped archive smaller, but the bzipped one bigger.  Now they are both
slightly bigger than the 3.08.2 version :-)

-- Damien

* Re: [Caml-list] Regarding the 3.08.3 source tarballs...
@ 2005-03-25 20:22   ` Robert Roessler
From: Robert Roessler @ 2005-03-25 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml-list

Damien Doligez wrote:

> On Mar 24, 2005, at 00:33, Robert Roessler wrote:
>
>> I noticed that the [BZIP2] source tarball was slightly smaller than
>> that for 3.08.2... how often does software get smaller? :)
>>
>> So I looked over the two trees, and immediately saw that there are
>> almost 400 *more* files in the newer source tree... but that almost
>> all of them come from the CVS directories being present in the 3.08.3
>> source.
>

> My mistake.  I used the wrong cvs command when preparing the release files.
> I have uploaded a corrected version.  Removing the spurious files makes the
> gzipped archive smaller, but the bzipped one bigger.  Now they are both
> slightly bigger than the 3.08.2 version :-)

Thanks, Damien!  The new distribution source tree now has the same
counts for the files and directories as 3.08.2 - but is a little
larger, as you say...

As for why no one else commented on this, maybe it was because they
were waiting (hint, hint) for the Windows binary distribution(s)? :)

But seriously, it has been more than a week now - the MacOS X binary
distribution is even there already...

Robert Roessler
roessler@rftp.com
http://www.rftp.com