* colorized output of ocaml interactive shell
@ 2005-03-31 21:07 David MENTRE
From: David MENTRE @ 2005-03-31 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

I will do a presentation on OCaml soon. I would like to show some
example of interactive sessions in the OCaml interactive environment,
ocaml launched in an XTerm. Does anybody know a program/shell
script/whatever that can produce a nice colorized output (e.g. types)?
Any advice?

Yours,
d.

PS : My system : Debian GNU/Linux
--
pub  1024D/A3AD7A2A 2004-10-03 David MENTRE <dmentre@linux-france.org>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A

* Re: [Caml-list] colorized output of ocaml interactive shell
@ 2005-03-31 21:38 ` Igor Pechtchanski
From: Igor Pechtchanski @ 2005-03-31 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David MENTRE; +Cc: caml-list

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, David MENTRE wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I will do a presentation on OCaml soon. I would like to show some
> example of interactive sessions in the OCaml interactive environment,
> ocaml launched in an XTerm. Does anybody know a program/shell
> script/whatever that can produce a nice colorized output (e.g. types)?
> Any advice?

You could try using the VIm syntax highlighting mode.  You can pipe text
into VIm -- see $VIM/macros/less.sh.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT

* Re: [Caml-list] colorized output of ocaml interactive shell
@ 2005-03-31 22:19   ` Eric Cooper
From: Eric Cooper @ 2005-03-31 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 04:38:57PM -0500, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, David MENTRE wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I will do a presentation on OCaml soon. I would like to show some
> > example of interactive sessions in the OCaml interactive environment,
> > ocaml launched in an XTerm. Does anybody know a program/shell
> > script/whatever that can produce a nice colorized output (e.g. types)?
> > Any advice?
>
> You could try using the VIm syntax highlighting mode.  You can pipe text
> into VIm -- see $VIM/macros/less.sh.

Or you can run an OCaml subshell in Emacs, and get its colorizing.

* Re: [Caml-list] colorized output of ocaml interactive shell
@ 2005-03-31 22:36     ` Titus Brown
From: Titus Brown @ 2005-03-31 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

-> > > Hello,
-> > >
-> > > I will do a presentation on OCaml soon. I would like to show some
-> > > example of interactive sessions in the OCaml interactive environment,
-> > > ocaml launched in an XTerm. Does anybody know a program/shell
-> > > script/whatever that can produce a nice colorized output (e.g. types)?
-> > > Any advice?
-> >
-> > You could try using the VIm syntax highlighting mode.  You can pipe text
-> > into VIm -- see $VIM/macros/less.sh.
->
-> Or you can run an OCaml subshell in Emacs, and get its colorizing.

Or...

http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite/source-highlight.html

It only has a CAML mode, but that should be sufficient, no?

--titus

* Re: [Caml-list] colorized output of ocaml interactive shell
@ 2005-04-04 14:44 ` Olivier Grisel
From: Olivier Grisel @ 2005-04-04 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David MENTRE; +Cc: caml-list

David MENTRE wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I will do a presentation on OCaml soon. I would like to show some
> example of interactive sessions in the OCaml interactive environment,
> ocaml launched in an XTerm. Does anybody know a program/shell
> script/whatever that can produce a nice colorized output (e.g. types)?
> Any advice?

What would be really neat would be an equivalent of the excellent ipython
interactive shell for ocaml.

   http://ipython.scipy.org/

But maybe the ocaml top level lacks python introspection capabilities ...

Best,

	Olivier