From: Aleksey Nogin <nogin@cs.caltech.edu>
To: Caml List <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Renaming structures during inclusions?
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 13:02:00 -0700	[thread overview]

On 11.05.2005 08:44, Markus Mottl wrote:

> The only solution that seems to make sense and does not impose
> excessive work on the user is, IMHO, to provide for a facility to
> rename types and modules, e.g. maybe something like:

> module M = struct
>   include M1
>     with type t as m1_t
>     with module Std as M1Std
>
>   include M2
>     with type t as m2_t
>     with module Std as M2Std
>
>   module Std = struct
>     include M1Std
>     include M2Std
>   end
> end

I would like to second this request. Currently, including several
modules that share some structure is impossible and requires giving
separate names for all the shared fields, with can be very painful. The
"with" renaming seems simple enough and AFAICT would not break anything.

--
Aleksey Nogin

Home Page: http://nogin.org/
E-Mail: nogin@cs.caltech.edu (office), aleksey@nogin.org (personal)