* AMD64, ocamlopt, output-obj
@ 2005-08-15 22:02 Marcin Wudarczyk
From: Marcin Wudarczyk @ 2005-08-15 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

I am trying to create a so file on FC3 x64 installed on AMD64. I am
creating object file with ocamlopt -output-obj and then link with other
stuff compiled for x64. However, I receive an error during linking :

/usr/bin/ld: PyCaml.o: relocation R_X86_64_32S against `caml_curry2_1'
can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
PyCaml.o: could not read symbols: Bad value

I cannot recompile, as it is ocamlopt who 'compiles'.
Any ideas for the reason? Maybe ocamlopt is not producing AMD64 object
files (but regular 32 bit ones)?

Cheers

Marcin Wudarczyk

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-08-15 22:00 UTC | newest]