* ocamldoc charset specification?
@ 2005-10-27 10:43 Andrej Bauer
From: Andrej Bauer @ 2005-10-27 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Is it possible to tell ocamldoc that the generated HTML files should
specify that they are encoded in a given charset (in my case
iso-8859-2)? Or is there a way to tell in a CSS stylesheet that the
encoding of the HTML file is iso-8859-2?

If neither of the above is possible, what is a reasonable solution? I
would like to avoid the use of .htaccess and DefaultCharset directive,
if possible.

Note: I am not asking for ocamldoc to recode from one charset to
another, just to put information about the encoding in the html file.

Andrej

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamldoc charset specification?
@ 2005-11-07 13:50 ` Maxence Guesdon
From: Maxence Guesdon @ 2005-11-07 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:43:18 +0200
Andrej Bauer <Andrej.Bauer@andrej.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to tell ocamldoc that the generated HTML files should
> specify that they are encoded in a given charset (in my case
> iso-8859-2)? Or is there a way to tell in a CSS stylesheet that the
> encoding of the HTML file is iso-8859-2?
>
> If neither of the above is possible, what is a reasonable solution? I
> would like to avoid the use of .htaccess and DefaultCharset directive,
> if possible.
>
> Note: I am not asking for ocamldoc to recode from one charset to
> another, just to put information about the encoding in the html file.

Hello,

Two solutions:
1) make a string replacement after the generation of html files.
2) create a custom ocamldoc generator with a geenrator class inheriting from
   the standard html generator and change the part where the encoding is
   generated.

Regards,

--
Maxence Guesdon

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamldoc charset specification?
@ 2005-11-07 17:02   ` Andrej Bauer
From: Andrej Bauer @ 2005-11-07 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxence Guesdon, caml-list

Maxence Guesdon wrote:
>> Note: I am not asking for ocamldoc to recode from one charset to
>> another, just to put information about the encoding in the html file.
>
> Two solutions:
> 1) make a string replacement after the generation of html files.

This is (a) ugly and (b) as I said I am not recoding anything, I just
need to put info in the document HEAD. I suppose I could use string
relpacement for that...

> 2) create a custom ocamldoc generator with a geenrator class inheriting from
>    the standard html generator and change the part where the encoding is
>    generated.

Ah, this sounds like an option. Thanks for the idea, I will look into it.

Andrej