* ocamlrun.a
@ 2005-10-31 11:17 Christophe Papazian
From: Christophe Papazian @ 2005-10-31 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I tried to compile LablPCRE on mac os X (Tiger), but this error
happened :

ld  -o dllpcre.so  ml_pcre.d.o libpcre.a `ocamlc.opt -where`/ocamlrun.a
ld: can't open: /usr/local/lib/ocaml/ocamlrun.a (No such file or
directory, errno = 2)

ok, so there is no ocamlrun.a. These must be due to mac os X, and
some dynamic feature (?)

Anyway, how can I compile LablPCRE on my computer ? and how can I
compile all those library/packages
that I will probably use in a near future that all need ocamlrun.a ??

Thanks

     Christophe Papazian

PS : I am sorry if it is a newbie question, but I don't find the
answer in the archives...

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamlrun.a
@ 2005-10-31 12:33 ` Robert Roessler
From: Robert Roessler @ 2005-10-31 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christophe Papazian; +Cc: caml-list

Christophe Papazian wrote:
> I tried to compile LablPCRE on mac os X (Tiger), but this error happened :
>
> ld  -o dllpcre.so  ml_pcre.d.o libpcre.a `ocamlc.opt -where`/ocamlrun.a
> ld: can't open: /usr/local/lib/ocaml/ocamlrun.a (No such file or
> directory, errno = 2)
>
> ok, so there is no ocamlrun.a. These must be due to mac os X, and some
> dynamic feature (?)
>
> Anyway, how can I compile LablPCRE on my computer ? and how can I
> compile all those library/packages
> that I will probably use in a near future that all need ocamlrun.a ??

Well, we are still waiting for some kind soul or souls to contribute
more "*nix-like" sections and settings for the LablPCRE Makefile.  As
distributed, the package is able to be built (as stated in the
Makefile) with a Microsoft toolchain for Windows... :)

Not that it solves your problem, but there is a newer and much
improved version of the package at

http://www.rftp.com/LablPCRE-0.9.tar.gz

I have been holding off release in the hope that some of the needed
other build settings would come trickling in.

Robert Roessler
roessler@rftp.com
http://www.rftp.com