* Tkcompiler parse error
@ 2005-11-16 19:55 Matt Gushee
From: Matt Gushee @ 2005-11-16 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello, all--

I am developing some modifications to LablTk, to bring it up to date
with the current stable version of Tk. Most of my work so far has been
in the Widgets.src file.

I have successfully modified Widgets.src several times before, so I
think I have a pretty good idea of how to work with it, but evidently I
have made some mistake, because when I try to compile OCaml with the
modifications, I get this error:

  cd labltk; make -f Makefile.gen
  make[2]: Entering directory \
    `/.devel/local.src/ocaml-3.08.4/otherlibs/labltk/labltk'
  cd ..; ../../boot/ocamlrun compiler/tkcompiler -outdir labltk
  Uncaught exception: Tables.Compiler_Error("Preprocess error: parse \
    error at char 85974, 85974")
  make[2]: *** [_tkgen.ml] Error 2

The character index is useless, since 85974 is just the total number of
characters in my modified Widgets.src. And since I have added three
widget types, and added configuration options and/or functions to most
of the existing widgets, it is far from obvious where to look for my
mistake.

How can I diagnose this? Does tkcompiler have a debug mode, or any
option that would cause it to give more verbose errors?

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, CO, USA

* Re: [Caml-list] Tkcompiler parse error
@ 2005-11-16 20:06 ` Matt Gushee
From: Matt Gushee @ 2005-11-16 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Never mind. I left out an ##endif.