* problem using xml-light lib
@ 2005-12-06 10:15 Andrea Rendl
From: Andrea Rendl @ 2005-12-06 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi everyone,

I am trying to use the xml-light library with ocaml but cannot load the
according module Xml and XmlParser respectively, neither on command line
nor in an .ml file:

# let x = Xml.parse_file "test.xml";;
Reference to undefined global `Xml'

I followed the instructions in the README of xml-light and added the path to
the directory of the xmllight-files in the /etc/ocamlfind.conf and even
copied the xmllight files into the lib-directory of ocaml. My version of
ocaml is  3.08.4+CDuce.

I have no idea left, about what I could have done wrong or could have
forgotten. I am hoping for some help and ideas!

Thanks a lot in advance,
Andrea

* Re: [Caml-list] problem using xml-light lib
@ 2005-12-06 10:50 ` Alain Frisch
From: Alain Frisch @ 2005-12-06 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea Rendl; +Cc: caml-list

Andrea Rendl wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am trying to use the xml-light library with ocaml but cannot load the
> according module Xml and XmlParser respectively, neither on command line
> nor in an .ml file:
>
> # let x = Xml.parse_file "test.xml";;
> Reference to undefined global `Xml'

In the toplevel, if xml-light is findlib-installed, you must do:

#use "topfind";;
#require "xml-light";;

-- Alain