* Crosscompiling for mipsel cpu's ?
@ 2006-01-11 17:32 steve
From: steve @ 2006-01-11 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I’m trying to port an Ocaml program to a mipsel platform.

I searched the internet for tutorials but the only thing I found was a patch
for arm and powerpc.

Can anyone give me some information / help to build Ocaml for cross
compiling to mipsel?

Best regards

Steve

* Re: [Caml-list] Crosscompiling for mipsel cpu's ?
@ 2006-01-12  3:08 ` Eric Cooper
From: Eric Cooper @ 2006-01-12  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 06:32:46PM +0100, steve@wgco.de wrote:
> I'm trying to port an Ocaml program to a mipsel platform.
>
> I searched the internet for tutorials but the only thing I found was
> a patch for arm and powerpc.
>
> Can anyone give me some information / help to build Ocaml for cross
> compiling to mipsel?

You probably found my posts about the arm and powerpc cross compilers.
Basically, it involves hard-coding the architectural features that are
normally discovered dynamically by the configure script, plus a few
other hacks.  I would probably start with the arm version and adapt it
for mips.  You can contact me off-list if you try this and need help.

* Re: [Caml-list] Crosscompiling for mipsel cpu's ?
@ 2006-01-12  3:26 ` Taras Glek
From: Taras Glek @ 2006-01-12  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi Steve,
I run an ocaml program on my mipsel wrt54gs router. OCaml was not setup
for crosscompiling, but it was quite easy to crosscompile the interpreter.
Just configure ocaml normally(using the host compiler), then go to
byterun directory and do "make BYTECC=gcc-mipsel-blabla". The harder
part was compiling the Unix library, but I did succeed.
Now I have an ocaml runtime on my wireless router taking up just over
500K including my application. Just try doing that in Java or even SML.

Taras