* Hweak question
@ 2006-09-04 14:14 Alessandro Baretta
From: Alessandro Baretta @ 2006-09-04 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Remi Vanicat; +Cc: Ocaml

While googling for weak pointer resources, I have discovered the beautiful Hweak
library, implementing a real weak hashtable. I should have googled for it a long
time ago.

Just one question: how do you manage to maintain the bound value live when the
key is live? As far as I know from experimenting with the weak hashtables in the
vanilla distribution it is enough for the pointer to the bound value to become
unreachable for it be garbage collected away.

I tried implementating weak hastables on top of the weak "hashed set" functor of
the standard library but never managed to get the GC to keep my bindings live so
long as the the key was live.

Alex

Ing. Alessandro Baretta

Studio Baretta
http://studio.baretta.com/

Consulenza Tecnologica e Ingegneria Industriale
Technological Consulting and Industrial Engineering

Headquarters
tel. +39 02 370 111 55
fax. +39 02 370 111 54

Lab
tel. +39 02 9880 271
fax. +39 02 9828 0296

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-09-04 14:14 UTC | newest]