Stefan Monnier wrote: > The main cost of a concurrent GC is that the application code has to be > changed to cooperate with the GC. Frankly, I don't think so. Lorenz Huelsbergen and Phil Winterbottom implemented their VCGC algorithm [1] for the Limbo programming language under Inferno and for SMLNJ as well, and their use of that concurrent garbage collection algorithm required no changes to any Limbo or SMLNJ application code. [1] http://cm.bell-labs.com/who/lorenz/papers/ismm98.pdf -- We must remember that we have more power than our enemies to worsen our fate. http://stormwyrm.blogspot.com/