* findlib help: how to specify dependencies against non-findlib packages ?
@ 2006-10-02  9:24 Guillaume Rousse
From: Guillaume Rousse @ 2006-10-02  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I'm trying to add findlibsupport for camlimages.

It has a dependency on graphics, which is easily handled by adding a
require variable in META file, as graphics provides findlib support.

However, camlimages can also get compiled with either lablgtk or
lablgtk2 support (not both of them, as they have conflicting symbols),
but none of those packages have findlib support. It means I can't
ressort to smart dependency computation. I may eventually use the
linkopts variable to add explicit linking flags (such as -I
place/to/lablgtk2 lablgtk.cma), but this seem to be only possible for
linking, not for compiling, whereas I also need to pass -I
place/to/lablgtk2 option during compilation.

So, is this just not possible at all ?
--
Guillaume Rousse
Projet Estime, INRIA