From: "Daniel Bünzli" <daniel.buenzli@epfl.ch>
To: Doug Kirk <doug@dkirk.com>
Cc: Christophe Raffalli <Christophe.Raffalli@univ-savoie.fr>,
	caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Custom linking with MacOSX frameworks?
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 19:28:48 +0200	[thread overview]

Le 4 oct. 06 à 18:33, Doug Kirk a écrit :

> Try checking
>
> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Headers/
> ApplicationServices.h
> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/
> ImageIO.framework/Headers/Image*.h
>
> for the headers.

These headers are those of the osx specific image loading
abstraction. Camlimages doesn't use this abstraction\x13 so there is no
chance you'll be able to compile camlimages using these headers. What
you want is png.h, jpeglib.h, tiff.h, etc. Anyway as I told in my
previous email it seems that the dynamic libraries in imageio do not
include all the functions you get when you compile the corresponding
library by yourself, so they aren't really usefull by their own.

> If you don't want to depend upon fink, and neither on OS X core
> libraries, maybe ImageMagick?

Doesn't really make more sense. First you can use libpng without
depending on fink, then iirc camlimage doesn't use ImageMagic at all.

The only real option in my opinion is to statically link against the
image libraries to distribute your application.

Best,

Daniel