* camlp4 scope issue
@ 2006-10-25 15:23 Serge Aleynikov
From: Serge Aleynikov @ 2006-10-25 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

In the test program below in my understanding the 'y' variable should be
out of scope in the printf statement, but apparently it's not.  The
compiler version is 3.09.3.

$ cat tst.ml
value f z = z + 1;

let x = 1 in do {
   let y = f x in ();
   Printf.printf "y should be out of scope, but it's not: y = %d\n" y
};

$ ocamlc -o tst -pp camlp4r tst.ml
$ ./tst
y should be out of scope, but it's not: y = 2

Any idea why?

--
Serge Aleynikov
Routing R&D, IDT Telecom