From: Serge Aleynikov <serge@hq.idt.net>
To: Dmitri Boulytchev <db@tepkom.ru>, bhurt@janestcapital.com
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] camlp4 scope issue
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:04:08 -0400	[thread overview]

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the meaning of ";" in the revised syntax,
however, the 6.2 chapter
(http://caml.inria.fr/pub/docs/manual-camlp4/manual007.html) says that:

do { e1; e2; e3; e4 }

is an iterative sequence of expressions, whereas "let ... in" is
reserved for local constructs.

If so, wouldn't the scope of y in

let y = 1 in do { a; b; c };

be different from:

let y = 1 in a; b; c;

Or else how to we indicate in the *revised syntax* the boundary of the
"let ... in" scope?

Serge

--
Serge Aleynikov