* Closer on the Mysterious bug
@ 2005-12-12  0:38 Jonathan T Bryant
From: Jonathan T Bryant @ 2005-12-12  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Everyone,

Now I've fixed the Unix_error(12, "accept, "") bug: I thought passing 0
to select made in wait indefinitely, so I inadvertently created a race
condition.  I set it to 0 on all of the calls and that bug disappeared.
 Also, I'm catching all of the exceptions and printing out a message
when I do, but they are closing as (or, for that matter, when)
expected.  All that's left is the segfault.  It still occurs at random
times: sometimes before any connections are established, sometimes
after all the connections have terminated, and sometimes right in the
middle.  Sometimes it even freezes for a moment (about 2 sec) before it
crashes.  GDB says the segfault is comming from fdset_to_fdlist(),
which leads me to Unix.select.  Here's the source of that C function
since not everybody will have the same version of OCaml as me (OCaml
3.08.3):

static value fdset_to_fdlist(value fdlist, fd_set *fdset)
{
  value l;
  value res = Val_int(0);

  Begin_roots2(l, res);
    for (l = fdlist; l != Val_int(0); l = Field(l, 1)) {
      int fd = Int_val(Field(l, 0));
      if (FD_ISSET(fd, fdset)) {
        value newres = alloc_small(2, 0);
        Field(newres, 0) = Val_int(fd);
        Field(newres, 1) = res;
        res = newres;
      }
    }
  End_roots();
  return res;
}

Any ideas?

BTW, If you need to look at my updated code, it's available at
http://jonboy.isa-geek.com/

--Jonathan

--Jonathan Bryant
  jtbryant@valdosta.edu
  AIM: JonBoy3182

  OAS AAS LLS
  ZG214

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-12-12  0:39 UTC | newest]