From: Philippe Wang <lists@philippewang.info>
To: Dmitry Bely <dmitry.bely@gmail.com>
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Can GC be BLOCKed?
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 00:28:33 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi.

You can't try to use the thread system to do something like that.

There is a global mutex with OCaml threads !
So a program written in OCaml will not be faster by using threads...

And guess what ? The global mutex does exist because of the existence of
the GC. And the GC is not threaded...

Well, if ever you manage to do what you said, please let me know.
(If I have well understood your plan, it's clearly impossible)

--
  Philippe Wang