From: Xavier Leroy <Xavier.Leroy@inria.fr>
To: "Yaron M. Minsky" <yminsky@janestcapital.com>
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] The OCaml Summer Project
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 19:26:27 +0100	[thread overview]

> I am pleased to announce the OCaml Summer Project. The project is aimed
> at encouraging growth in the OCaml community by funding students over
> the summer to work on open-source projects in OCaml.

I just wanted to say a big "thank you" to you and the Jane Street
Capital people for donating the time and money to organize such an
event.  It will be very interesting to see what comes out of it.

My attempt to put the visa discussion at rest.  I believe Yaron and
Markus are right: a tourist visa (or visa waiver program) is
probably enough; whether you need an actual visa or not is a
complicated function of your country of citizenship and of the date
your passport was issued, but for citizens of "old Europe", this
function returns "no visa needed" with high probability.

For more details, see the Web sites of the ministry of foreign affairs
or of the US consulate in your country (URLs for France included below
for your convenience).

Let me add that if you never visited Manhattan before, it's well worth
the trip.  One more reason to participate in this project!

Cheers,

- Xavier Leroy

http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/pays-zones-geo_833/etats-unis_471/conseils-aux-voyageurs_13261/entree-sejour_29143.html

http://www.amb-usa.fr/consul/niv/needvisa/default.htm