* ocamlp3l
@ 2007-02-06 23:01 Erik de Castro Lopo
From: Erik de Castro Lopo @ 2007-02-06 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi all,

Here's something Ocaml related that I haven't seen discussed on
this list (I found it on reddit.com):

    http://ocamlp3l.inria.fr/eng.htm

I've started reading the user manual and it seems that this only
works for code compiled to bytecode, but it still looks very
interesting.

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo
"Hundreds of thousands of people couldn't care less about Kylix
and what it runs on.  It's there for the dying breed of die-hard
Pascal fanatics who missed their 20 year window to migrate to C
and C++."  -- Kaz Kylheku in comp.os.linux.development.apps

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamlp3l
@ 2007-02-06 23:16 ` Robert Roessler
From: Robert Roessler @ 2007-02-06 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Here's something Ocaml related that I haven't seen discussed on
> this list (I found it on reddit.com):
>
>     http://ocamlp3l.inria.fr/eng.htm
>
> I've started reading the user manual and it seems that this only
> works for code compiled to bytecode, but it still looks very
> interesting.

Actually, this was just brought up on the beginner's  list yesterday
under the perennial subject of "OCaml and multi-core processors".

And yes, it does look interesting.

Robert Roessler
roessler@rftp.com
http://www.rftp.com

* Re: [Caml-list] Ocamlp3l
@ 2006-11-05  0:11 ` Frédéric Gava
From: Frédéric Gava @ 2006-11-05  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: skaller; +Cc: caml-list

Hi,

> Does any one here know about Ocamlp3l:

OCamlP3L is a library for OCaml for parallel skeleton programming (P3L
skeletons). A parallel skeleton (also know as algorithm skeleton) is a
"function" that could be implemented in parallel (the goal is to have a good
set of such function : "easy" to be implemented and efficient and can
express many parallel problems).

For example, List.map. The list could be distributed on the processors and
Map could be apply in parallel (if there are no side effects).

You should read the papers of Roberto Di Cosmo (for example in the revue
"parallel programming") about OCamlP3L and go to this web page (of Murray
Cole, the "father" of parallel skeletons) about skeleton programming

http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mic/Skeletons/index.html

Frédéric Gava